Aadhaar-Ration card linking: Now the date of linking Aadhaar and ration card (Aadhaar-Ration card link) has been extended till June 30, 2023.You can also link your Aadhaar Card with Ration Card with these simple steps.
Government of India (Govt. of India) is giving an opportunity to its citizens to link their Aadhaar Card with Ration Card (Aadhaar-Ration Card Link).
Doing so will help prevent fraud cases and other issues as well as cases of multiple ration cards for a household.
A ration card is an important piece of identity for Indian citizens to get free or subsidized rations like rice, wheat and other commodities from Public Distribution System (PDS) centres.
The last date for linking the ration card with the Aadhaar card has been extended from 31 March 2023 to 30 June 2023 (Aadhaar-Ration Card Linking Last Date) by the Central Government.
A step to prevent corruption
- Corruption and irregularities can be curbed after linking ration card with Aadhaar.
- This initiative of the government will greatly benefit the foreigners.
- People who are deprived of ration at temporary workplace under the National Food Security Act.
- By linking these two, such people of the country will be able to take advantage of ration from anywhere.
- The government has announced that even this year i.e. in 2023, the ration card holders will continue to get the benefit of free ration.
- But seeing that many ineligible people are taking advantage of free ration, a major crackdown on these people can also link Aadhaar with ration card online.
Cancel the ration card yourself
- For this, the government is appealing to the people that such people should cancel their ration card themselves.
- If the ration card is not cancelled, the food department team will cancel it after verification.
- Action can also be taken against such people.
What is the rule?
If a card holder owns a 100 square meter plot taken from his/her own income, flat or house, four-wheeler/car if the city has a tractor, arms license, family income of more than two lakhs per annum in the village then such person has to surrender his/her ration card to Taluka and DSO office.
Government will take strict action
According to government rules, if the ration card holder does not surrender the card, the card of such people will be canceled after investigation.
Also legal action can be taken against that family.
Download Ration App : Click here
Aadhaar Link to Ration Card Online
What to do to link online?
- Open the Public Distribution System (PDS) website (each state has its own PDS portal).
- Select the option to link your Aadhaar with your existing card.
- Enter your ration card, Aadhaar card and registered mobile phone number in the same order.
- Select ‘Continue/Submit’ option.
- An OTP will come to your phone, enter it.
- When this process is complete, an SMS will be sent to you.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to Ration card Online?
Here all steps Under View and Link your card.